From brien colwell <xcolw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Choosing a scheduler
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 23:24:02 GMT
We use the fair scheduler because it's easy to configure and easily
understood -- all jobs get an equal share of the resources. The capacity
scheduler has more complex semantics (capacities per queue, how are
resources split between jobs of equal priority within the same queue?,
etc -- see
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/current/capacity_scheduler.html).
To me the capacity scheduler seems like it might be a superset of the
fair scheduler.