From Matt Massie <m...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading from Apache Hadoop 18.3 to Cloudera 18.3
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 13:28:36 GMT

You will not need to reformat your HDFS data after installing Hadoop 0.18.3
from our distribution.

One quirk to be aware of is that you can't mix builds in Apache Hadoop
because of how strict the getVersion() method in
org.apache.hadoop.util.VersionInfo is.  For example, if you find the your
jobtracker/tasktracker communication breaks down, double-check that both
services are indeed running the same build.