From ylx_admin <nek...@hotmail.com>
Subject Advice on new Datacenter Hadoop Cluster?
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:57:36 GMT

Hey all,

I'm pretty new to hadoop in general and I've been tasked with building out a
datacenter cluster of hadoop servers to process logfiles. We currently use
Amazon but our heavy usage is starting to justify running our own servers.
I'm aiming for less than $1k per box, and of course trying to economize on
power/rack. Can anyone give me some advice on what to pay attention to when
building these server nodes?

TIA,
Kevin