From "Bogdan M. Maryniuk" <bogdan.maryn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What OS?
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2009 01:20:39 GMT
On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 9:01 AM, Edward Capriolo<edlinuxguru@gmail.com> wrote:
> Linux is the main target platform.you chose another
> platform you have more work for yourself.

Well, in some cases yes, as long as you have JNI... :-( That's why Sun
discourage people to use it and wants things done in a plain Java.
However, it is not always possible (e.g. FUSE).

> if you have a problem like
> the one I had, probably no one else has the same environment as you so
> replicating your issue could be difficult.

Agreed here. However, I don't know what is bigger evil: to ditch some
questionable features (FUSE, for example) or trembling that %$#@ ext3
just died again?

--
Kind regards, BM

Things, that are stupid at the beginning, rarely ends up wisely.