From Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: localhost:9000 and ip:9000 is not the same ?
Date Tue, 25 Aug 2009 00:52:48 GMT
Jeff,

Hadoop (HDFS in particular) is overly strict about machine names. The
filesystem's id is based on the DNS name used to access it. This needs to be
consistent across all nodes and all configurations in your cluster. You
should always use the fully-qualified domain name of the namenode in your
configuration.

- Aaron