From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to break a hadoop-cluster in subclusters (how to group physical nodes)?
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 04:52:01 GMT
Why?

I would imagine that you could create multiple clusters of TaskTrackers each
associated with a single JobTracker all of which would use the same data
cluster composed of a NameNode plus data nodes.

But what do you think that would buy you?  Mostly like you will simply wind
up with much lower cluster utilization combined with configuration
headaches.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve