From Harold Valdivia Garcia <harold.valdi...@upr.edu>
Subject Re: How to break a hadoop-cluster in subclusters (how to group physical nodes)?
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2009 15:17:32 GMT
Ok, you mean that I could setup an instance of HDFS, then install multiple
cluster of tasktracker with the same HDFS.?

In this configuration as you say I'd loss data-locatily because map-task
consume splits remotely, isnt it?

In my work, I want to execution each of the relational operations in a
query-plan as a couple of mapreduce task and link them

Thanks for your comment.

On Sun, Aug 9, 2009 at 12:52 AM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com> wrote:

> Why?
>
> I would imagine that you could create multiple clusters of TaskTrackers
> each
> associated with a single JobTracker all of which would use the same data
> cluster composed of a NameNode plus data nodes.
>
> But what do you think that would buy you?  Mostly like you will simply wind
> up with much lower cluster utilization combined with configuration
> headaches.
>
> On Sat, Aug 8, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Harold Valdivia Garcia <
> harold.valdivia@upr.edu> wrote:
>
> > for example I'd like to have a region for only sorting, other for only
> > joins, other for only groupby
> >

> --
> Ted Dunning, CTO
> DeepDyve

Harold Dwight Valdivia Garcia
Graduate Student
M.S Computer Engineering
University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez Campus