From Manhee Jo ...@nttdocomo.com>
Subject fuse-dfs then samba mount
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 07:04:21 GMT
Hi all,

I've succeeded in sharing hdfs files from windows xp through fuse-dfs then
samba mount.
When I tried to copy (read and write) 1GB text file from fuse-dfs over
samba, it took around 50 secs.
Then, I tried "dfs get" the same file to a data node's local file system and
tried to copy the file
from the data node (without fuse-dfs this time) over samba, again, which
took around 30 seconds.
Since the disk reads are paralleled and distributed, should it be faster
then reading from one node?
Well, I know it must depend on the file size. So then, here is my question.
What is actually happening in fuse-dfs read? and samba?
What is the threshold of the file size when fuse-dfs might win?

Thanks,
Manhee