From roman kolcun <roman.w...@gmail.com>
Subject How to easily build and deploy Hadoop
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 16:05:56 GMT
Hello everyone,
I would like to ask what is the easiest way to build and deploy Hadoop. I am
trying to add some new features to the Hadoop but every time I make any
small change (while debugging) I have to execute:

ant clean compile jar

than upload the build/hadoop-0.20.1-dev-core.jar file to the cluster and
distribute it to every node. This already takes approx 2 minutes.
In addition the Hadoop does not pick up the new core file and I have to
reboot the whole cluster. And rebooting the whole cluster takes several
minutes.
So it is very frustrating when after 5+ minutes I got some stupid
NullPointerException and I need to fix it and wait another 5+ minutes to see
another Exception.
Is there any other way how to speed up the process?

Thank you for every comment.

Roman

PS: I am using Hadoop 0.20.0