From Nikhil Sawant <nsaw...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Testing Hadoop job
Date Fri, 28 Aug 2009 16:15:31 GMT
thanks Jason, for prompt reply i will go through "pro hadoop". already
on my to-do list

any idea abt the MRUnit??? has anyone used it?
i think it is useful as it allows dummy map and reduce drivers which
accepts (K,V) pair/s and checks the o/p (K,V) pair/s with the expected
(K,V)......it gives gr8 debugging capabilities while implementing
complex logics. (all "System.outs" can be seen on console itself!!)
i have used the basic functionalities of MRUnit testing framework
i would like to know the limitations (e.g. i found out that MRUnit does
not check the partioner logic) and its feasibility with hadoop 0.20...
No proper documentation i found ! :(

Jason Venner wrote:
> I put together a framework for the Pro Hadoop book that I use quite a bit,
> and has some documentation in the book examples ;)
> I haven't tried it with 0.20.0 however.
> The nicest thing that I did with the framework was provide a way to run a
> persistent mini virtual cluster for running multiple tests on.
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Nikhil Sawant <nsawant@yahoo-inc.com>wrote:
>> hi
>> can u guys suggest some hadoop unit testing framework apart from MRUnit???
>> i have used MRUnit but i m not sure abt its feasibilty and support to
>> hadoop 0.20.....
>> i could not find a proper documentation for MRUnit, is it available
>> anywhere?
>> --
>> cheers
>> nikhil