From Mayuran Yogarajah <mayuran.yogara...@casalemedia.com>
Subject I've probably hit some system limits
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 20:15:26 GMT
I had 3 jobs running and I saw something a bit odd.  Two of the tasks
are reducing, one of them is using all the reducers so the other is
waiting, this is OK.  However the 3rd job is still in the mapping phase
and even though the web interface shows map capacity at 96 I only
see about 7-12 mappers actually running.  I'm wondering if theres
some setting I need to change, perhaps I've hit some system limit.  Can
someone point me in the right direction please?

The other thing was that with the two jobs that are in the reducing phase,
the reducer for one job wouldn't actually start until all the mappers of the
_other_ job completed which seems kind of odd.  Is this expected ?

thanks,