From Raghu Angadi <rang...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: corrupt filesystem
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 16:33:13 GMT

Note that there are multiple log files (one for each day). Make sure you
searched all the relevant days. You can also check datanode log for this

HDFS writes to all three datanodes at the time you write the data. It is
possible that other two datanodes also encountered errors.

This would result in an error when you tried to copy and such corrupt
block should not even appear in HDFS. Did you restart the cluster after
copying? 0.18.3 has various fixes related to handling block replication

Please include the complete log lines (at the end of your response), it
makes it simpler to interpret. Alternately you file a JIRA and attach
log files there.