From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: changing logging
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 10:36:50 GMT
John Clarke wrote:
> Thanks for the reply. I considered that but I have a lot of threads in my
> application and it's v handy to have log4j output the thread name with the
> log message.
> It's like the log4j.properties file in the conf/ directory is not being used
> as any changes I make seem to have no effect!

Make sure there isn't a log4j. properties file in any JAR you are using;
it will get picked up first.
You can use Ant's <whichresource> task to find this out for you; give it
the classpath you are using and it will set a property to the first
instance of the resource that the classloader finds

View raw message