From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HADOOP-4539 question
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 17:42:43 GMT
Hey Stas,

You can also use a utility like Linux-HA (aka heartbeat) to handle IP
address failover. It will even send gratuitous ARPs to make sure to get the
new mac address registered after a failover. Check out this blog for info
about a setup like this:

http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/07/22/hadoop-ha-configuration/

Hope that helps
-Todd