From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: network interface trunking
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 15:20:55 GMT
Hi Ryan,
Yes, you can do this -- the term is called "interface bonding" and isn't too
hard to set up in Linux as long as your switch supports it. However, it is
pretty rare that it provides an appreciable performance benefit on typical
hardware and workloads -- probably not worth the doubled switch port
requirement in most cases.

-Todd