From John Clarke <clarke...@gmail.com>
Subject Eclipse plugin - user permissions
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 13:59:23 GMT
Hi,

I have installed Eclipse Europa and the Hadoop 0.18.3 plugin. I am running
Windows XP. My Hadoop test environment is Ubuntu 9.04 running via
VirtualBox.

I have a user called "hadoop" in Ubuntu that I use to run Hadoop. I launched
all the namenode/datanode etc etc with this user.

Back in Eclipse in Windows XP I have created a new Map/Reduce Location
pointing at the Ubuntu virtual machine. I set the Username to be "hadoop".

I can browse the DFS from Eclipse but the namenode throws this exception:

org.apache.hadoop.fs.permission.AccessControlException: Permission denied:
user=johnc, access=READ_EXECUTE, inode="system":hadoop:supergroup:rwx-wx-wx

Now, johnc is my user under Windows XP that Eclipse is running in. Why is
the plugin using this value rather than the Username I defined in the
Map/Reduce Location?

Any idea on how I can resolve this issue?

Cheers,
John