From John Clarke <clarke...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop 0.19.2 + eclipse 3.5
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2009 09:41:44 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to get my Eclipse Galileo 3.5 envronment working with the Hadoop
0.19.2 Eclipse plugin. I am running Windows XP.

Previously, I tried to use Hadoop 0.18.3 with this Eclipse and it partly
worked. I could browse the DFS but could not run a project because when I
clicked Run on Hadoop no dialog came up. Also, it is odd that Eclipse needs
to be launched via Cygwin for the DFS browsing to work.

So, my next attempt was to try 0.19.2 but this time it is like the plugin is
not recognized at all as there is no MapReduce perspective. I had removed
the 0.18.3 plugin and restarted.

Any help would be much appreciated,
John