From Arvind Sharma <arvind...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Cluster Disk Usage
Date Thu, 20 Aug 2009 23:44:35 GMT
Sorry, I also sent a direct e-mail to one response....

there I asked one question - what is the cost of these APIs ???  Are they too expensive calls
?  Is the API only going to the NN which stores this data ?

Thanks!
Arvind

________________________________
From: Arvind Sharma <arvind321@yahoo.com>
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 4:01:02 PM
Subject: Re: Cluster Disk Usage

Using hadoop-0.19.2

________________________________
From: Arvind Sharma <arvind321@yahoo.com>
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:56:53 PM
Subject: Cluster Disk Usage

Is there a way to find out how much disk space - overall or per Datanode basis - is available
before creating a file ?

I am trying to address an issue where the disk got full (config error) and the client was
not able to create a file on the HDFS.

I want to be able to check if  there space left on the grid before trying to create the file.

Arvind