From yang song <hadoop.ini...@gmail.com>
Subject How does hadoop deal with hadoop-site.xml?
Date Wed, 19 Aug 2009 14:21:31 GMT
Hello, everybody
    I feel puzzled about setting properties in hadoop-site.xml.
    Suppose I submit the job from machine A, and JobTracker runs on machine
B. So there are two hadoop-site.xml files. Now, I increase
"mapred.reduce.parallel.copies"(e.g. 10) on machine B since I want to make
copy phrase faster. However, "mapred.reduce.parallel.copies" from WebUI is
still 5. When I increase it on machine A, it changes. So, I feel very
puzzled. Why does it doesn't work when I change it on B? What's more, when I
add some properties on B, the certain properties will be found on WebUI. And
why I can't change properties through machine B? Does some certain
properties must be changed through A and some others must be changed through
B?
    Thank you!
    Inifok