From thkunkel <thkun...@gmail.com>
Subject Accessing HDFS over network
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2009 14:08:12 GMT

I have an HDFS cluster using Ubuntu.
I want to load IIS logs into the HDFS and then do some processing with them.
The IIS logs come from Windows 2003 servers.
Currently in Ubuntu I have mounts set up that point to the IIS logs on the
Windows servers.  From there I copy the logs from the mounts into the HDFS
using the -copyFromLocal command.

This works fine enough, but I was wondering if there is a way to share or
open a folder on the HDFS to the network so that, for example, my Windows
machines could see it and copy to it directly.

Is there a way to do that?  Or should I use ssh?

Thanks much,