From "Usman Waheed" <usm...@opera.com>
Subject Extracting data from HDFS and displaying stats to a webpage
Date Wed, 08 Jul 2009 22:26:44 GMT
Hi All,

Is there a recommended way on how to extract data from HDFS and perform
some computations on the data in order to display the results on a
webpage. One thing that comes to my mind is to write simple CGI perl
scripts that extract the data from HDFS and perform computational work on
the data before sending the results to the browser.

or

Maybe run some scripts in the background that summarize the data in HDFS
and insert into a DB table. Can then write a web GUI that interacts with
the DB table and displays the desired stats with graphs using ploticus.
Our data set in HDFS will eventually grow so speed will be important.

Thanks,
Usman