From Harish Mallipeddi <harish.mallipe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: generate task timeline figures like "Hadoop Sorts a Petabyte..." blog
Date Wed, 22 Jul 2009 15:50:44 GMT
On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 8:52 PM, Rares Vernica <rvernica@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I wonder how did the Yahoo! developers generate the Task Timeline
> figures in their "Hadoop Sorts a Petabyte..." blog post:
>

> http://developer.yahoo.net/blogs/hadoop/2009/05/hadoop_sorts_a_petabyte_in_162.html
>
> I am interested to know the following two aspects:
>
> 1. How did they collect the data,

It's probably mined from the logs.

> 2. What software did they use to generate the image.

I don't know exactly what Arun and Owen used for their charts but if you're
interested in this take a look at Elias' hadoop-timelines project - he does
basically the same thing. He uses the Google Charts API for his charts.

http://hadoop-timelines.appspot.com/

--
Harish Mallipeddi
http://blog.poundbang.in