From Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Loading Data into HDFS from non-cluster node
Date Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:23:25 GMT
Hi Asif,

Just install the Hadoop package onto the external node to use it as a
client. On that node, you set your fs.default.name parameter to point to the
cluster, but you don't start any daemons locally, nor do you add that node
to the slaves file.

Then just do "hadoop fs -put localfile hdfsfile" on all your local data and
it'll upload it to HDFS.

- Aaron