From Alex McLintock <alex.mclint...@gmail.com>
Subject RDF Data Store on Hadoop
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 12:32:45 GMT
I'm looking to build up data for an RDF Data store using Hadoop.
I could just generate lots of RDF XML files - or a big one - and feed
it into  Apache Jena..
However it seems to me that it would be best if I used a hadoop aware
distributed triplestore so that my data stayed on the data nodes.

I see that there is the Heart project ( http://rdf-proj.blogspot.com/
) but it doesnt seem very active.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a usable RDF data store which
I can use with Hadoop? Or should I consider this outside of the Hadoop
world and just put it on one machine? Is Heart "nearly there" and just
needs a helping hand?

I am tempted to bypass the RDF triplestore and role my own using hBase
but I dont want to re-invent the wheel.

Cheers

Alex