From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remote access to cluster using user as hadoop
Date Thu, 23 Jul 2009 05:18:07 GMT
Do not allow direct access to the hadoop cluster from untrusted machines.

Also, until further security measures are implemented, hadoop trusts the
origin machine and library to identify the user correctly.  Soon there will
be a better level of authentication, but for now that is it.

This works out fine in almost all hadoop installations.  Hadoop was intended
to be a batch system that runs large-scale back end processes in a trusted
environment and it fits that role very well.  It is slowly being outfitted
so as to be more suitable for exposure to the real world, but it is a slow

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 9:49 PM, Palleti, Pallavi <
pallavi.palleti@corp.aol.com> wrote:

>  Could someone explain me  if there is a way to avoid these kind
> of scenarios? Otherwise, what should be the best practice?

Ted Dunning, CTO