From Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hardware Manufacturer
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 22:53:44 GMT
I have used Dell, Silicon Mechanics and HP.

I had very good results with Dell and Silicon Mechanics.

Results with HP were marginal, but that was for database machines with
veritas file systems running on EMC hardware.  I will avoid that sort of
machine like the plague in the future due to high cost and LooooooNG install
cycle.

I evaluated Sun, but was never able to justify them since the late 90's in
spite of my sentimental attachments to their product (I bought my first Sun
in 1984).

I have used various off-brand machines with horrifically bad results.

--
Ted Dunning, CTO
DeepDyve

111 West Evelyn Ave. Ste. 202