From Uri Shani <SH...@il.ibm.com>
Subject Re: end of input event to a mapper
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 11:54:57 GMT
Thanks!

From:
Jothi Padmanabhan <jothipn@yahoo-inc.com>
To:
<common-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Date:
06/07/2009 02:49 PM
Re: end of input event to a mapper

For each map task, there is a configure() method and a close() that get
called before and after the actual map method itself. You could do your
processing there. You could get the current task ID in the configure
method
and use that to decide and perform specific map related activities if you
so
wish.

Jothi