From Chris Collins <ch...@scoutlabs.com>
Subject Re: Hardware Manufacturer
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 04:34:17 GMT
I had relatively good luck with HP but incredibly bad times with
Dell.  Numerous companies I have worked for have had dell and nothing
but trouble to go with it:

- Machines that set on fire
- Sata raid controllers that use a mux and give poor IO (tech support
was non existent).
- Recent HW blowup took almost a month to replace when it was
supposedly part of a next day service contract.
- Problems with onboard scsi that loose data.
- Lan controllers that would not function with some of the most common
network switches

Guess I don't have anything good to say about them.