From "Brian MacKay" <Brian.Mac...@MEDecision.com>
Subject RE: RDF Data Store on Hadoop
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 18:13:47 GMT
Hi Amandeep,

Is your custom RDF store over Hbase open source? If so, where is it
hosted?

Thanks,
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Amandeep Khurana [mailto:amansk@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 2:08 PM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: RDF Data Store on Hadoop

Hi

I have been working on this as well. There are a couple of more threads
on
this and the Hbase mailing list about this. One is pretty recent - its
about
graph algorithms using map reduce.

I built a custom RDF store over Hbase. Its not really an RDF store by
all
means, but the data model is something that can be extended over to
support
all specifications of RDF.

The Heart project hasnt been active for some time now. If we have people
interested, we can take it on and work on creating an RDF store over
Hbase
alongwith graph algorithms using MR.

Amandeep

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student
University of California, Santa Cruz

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 5:32 AM, Alex McLintock
<alex.mclintock@gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm looking to build up data for an RDF Data store using Hadoop.
> I could just generate lots of RDF XML files - or a big one - and feed
> it into  Apache Jena..
> However it seems to me that it would be best if I used a hadoop aware
> distributed triplestore so that my data stayed on the data nodes.
>
> I see that there is the Heart project ( http://rdf-proj.blogspot.com/
> ) but it doesnt seem very active.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a usable RDF data store which
> I can use with Hadoop? Or should I consider this outside of the Hadoop
> world and just put it on one machine? Is Heart "nearly there" and just
> needs a helping hand?
>
> I am tempted to bypass the RDF triplestore and role my own using hBase
> but I dont want to re-invent the wheel.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alex

this message in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.