From "Brian MacKay" <Brian.Mac...@MEDecision.com>
Subject RE: RDF Data Store on Hadoop
Date Thu, 02 Jul 2009 12:51:06 GMT
Hi Alex,

I have on several occasions, had the same consideration as you.

"Build a Hadoop aware distributed triplestore"

And I came to the same conclusions. "Heart doesn't seem very active" or
very developed.

I don't know of any other open source triple stores using Hadoop, so
that leaves the option of developing without re-inventing the wheel.

What you may want to consider is something I have been considering.
Build a virtual triple store using Hive over Hadoop in a manner similar
to D2RQ over relational databases.

http://www4.wiwiss.fu-berlin.de/bizer/D2RQ/

http://hadoop.apache.org/hive/

If you or anyone else is interested developing this idea into open a
source project, please contact me.

Thanks,
Brian
brianwmackay@msn.com