From "Tsz Wo \(Nicholas\), Sze" <s29752-hadoopu...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Does distcp support copying data from local directories of different nodes?
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 17:56:43 GMT

> bin/hadoop distcp A://a B://b C://c hdfs://namenode/

Yes or no.  In the command above, A, B and C are supposed to be schemes, e.g. hdfs, hftp,
file, etc. but not host names.  So  the command won't work.  If nodes A, B and C support some
schemes (they are not necessary the same), say ftp, then you can do the following with distcp.

   bin/hadoop distcp ftp://A/a ftp://B/b ftp://C/c hdfs://namenode/

Hope this help.
Nicholas Sze