From Boyu Zhang <boyuzhan...@gmail.com>
Subject Datanode Cannot Connect To The Server
Date Wed, 15 Jul 2009 19:57:11 GMT
Dear all,

I am trying to set up a cluster of two machines using Hadoop. One machine is
both namenode and jobtracker, the other machine is the datanode and
tasktracker.

I set up passwd-less ssh both directions.

The comments I used are:
 > bin/hadoop namenode -format
 > bin/start-dfs.sh
   starting namenode, logging to /data/zhang/hadoop/bin/../
logs/hadoop-zhang-namenode-norway.out
   datanode-machine name <http://sweden.gcl.cis.udel.edu/>: starting
datanode, logging to
/data/zhang/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-zhang-datanode-sweden.out
   datanode-machine name <http://sweden.gcl.cis.udel.edu/>: starting
secondarynamenode, logging to
/data/zhang/hadoop/bin/../logs/hadoop-zhang-secondarynamenode-sweden.out

But when I check out the log files on the datanode machine, I got the
following error:

2009-07-15 15:45:54,226 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client: Retrying connect
to server:namenode-machine name:port. Already tried 2 time(s).

And I the datanode cannot connect to the namenode, I cannot operate on the
hdfs.

Could anyone can help me out?
 Thanks a lot!

Boyu