From Jim Twensky <jim.twen...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop 0.19 vs 0.20 performance comparison
Date Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:41:27 GMT
Hi,

We have a large codebase written in Hadoop 0.19.1 and we are currently in
the process of deciding whether we should migrate to 0.20 or not in a short
time period. I tried to search for some performance evaluations in between
the two versions but I didn't find anything really useful. Did someone do
any such comparison tests or do you know if there is a big performance
increase in the latest version? I basically want to have a general idea
about how much we can gain by migrating to the latest version by doing lots
of changes in our codebase.

Thanks in advance,
Jim