From Sugandha Naolekar <sugandha....@gmail.com>
Subject Few Queries..!!!
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 10:35:34 GMT
Hello!

I have designed a UI that supports data transfer and fetching from the
remote port to HDFS. Now, if I need to do some kind of search, i.e; there
are N no. of files persent in HDFS. If I need to make a check whether a
particular file or folder is present or not- I will have to simply use
Hadoop api-FileSystem and will have to write few lines of code by using the
methods of it...right??filesystem.exists(Path of the file)...right??

When we would be using Map-Reduce?

What all ways You could suggest me for its usage and applications. I have
gone through the Google's doc;but, want the precise detail of it.

--
Regards!
Sugandha