From Amareshwari Sriramadasu <amar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: How can I set these job values?
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 05:00:21 GMT
setNumMapTasks is not supported any more. Old api uses this a hint for number of map tasks.
The same can be done using FileInputFormat.setMinInputSplitSize and FileInputFormat.setMaxInputSplitSize.

For setting max map attempts, you can set "mapred.map.max.attempts" in configuration.

Thanks
Amareshwari

Iman E wrote:
> Hi,
> The JobConf used to have setNumMapTasks and setMaxMapAttempts. How can I sent these values
 if I am using org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.Job instead of JobConf?