From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FYI, Large-scale graph computing at Google
Date Wed, 01 Jul 2009 13:37:44 GMT
Delip Rao wrote:
> We've had some success in dealing with locality problems using the adjacency
> list
> representation. This could be serialized using frameworks like Thrift
> or Protocol Buffers.
> For details, please see:
> http://www.clsp.jhu.edu/~delip/nocrawl/textgraphs09.pdf
>
> I intend to
> continue this line of work and will be very happy to be of any help.

This is a interesting paper. We need to start a wiki page on papers
(pause)

OK, http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Papers

I've thinking recently about how Apache could work better with the
various people doing research on or near Hadoop, you might have some
opinions there. I'm thinking of
  * mailing list for people doing researchy stuff
  * offering research groups somewhere on SVN
  * offering help to get you integrating with the apache development
processes, with the goal being to make it easier for your research to
get back in to the codebase.

This is separate from offering cluster-time on any of the datacentres
out there, that's something you need to work with the various providers
for, though apache may be able to help there whenever it knows useful
contacts

I'm off on holiday/vacation shortly, but this is something I'd like to
follow up on when I get back

-steve