From Hrishikesh Agashe <hrishikesh_aga...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Relation between number of map reduce tasks per node and capacity of namenode
Date Tue, 14 Jul 2009 11:16:57 GMT
Hi,

Is there any relationship between how many map and how many reduce tasks I am running per
node and what is capacity (RAM, CPU) of my NameNode?
i.e. if I want to run more maps and more reduce tasks per node then RAM of NameNode should
be high?
Similarly does NameNode capacity should be driven by how many number of machines are running
map reduce tasks?

Please let me know.

--Hrishi

DISCLAIMER