From Thibaut_ <tbr...@blue.lu>
Subject Running parallel jobs having the same output directory
Date Mon, 20 Jul 2009 18:51:29 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to run a few parallel jobs which have the same input directory
and the same output directory.

I modified the FileInputClass to check for non zero files, and also modified
the output class to allow non empty directories (the input directory =
output directory in my case). I made sure that each job output is unique,
thus there are no file conflicts there.

Everything runs fine for a while, but I'm having problems with the temporary
directory:
java.io.IOException: The temporary job-output directory
hdfs://internal1:50010/user/root/0/_temporary doesn't exist!

I could go further down and try to make the _temporary directory job
dependent. But before I do that, I would like to know if there are other
traps/errors I could run into running parallel jobs having the same
output/input directory?

(Btw this is hadoop-0.20.0)

Thanks,
Thibaut