From "Anthony.Fan" <anthony...@hotmail.com>
Subject could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead of 1
Date Mon, 13 Jul 2009 10:20:39 GMT

Hi, All

I just start to use Hadoop few days ago. I met the error message
" WARN hdfs.DFSClient: DataStreamer Exception:
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
/user/hadoop/count/count/temp1 could only be replicated to 0 nodes, instead
of 1"
while trying to copy data files to DFS after Hadoop is started.

I did all the settings according to the
"Running_Hadoop_On_Ubuntu_Linux_(Single-Node_Cluster)"'s instruction, and I
don't know what's wrong. Besides, during the process, no error message is
written to log files.

Also, according to "http://localhost.localdomain:50070/dfshealth.jsp", I
have one live namenode. By the broswer, I even can see the first data file
is created in DFS, but the size of it is 0.

Things I've tried:
1. Stop hadoop, re-format DFS and start hadoop again.
2. Change "localhost" to "127.0.0.1"

But neigher of them works.

Could anyone help me or give me a hint?

Thanks.