From Philip Zeyliger <phi...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Job taking long time to initialize
Date Fri, 03 Jul 2009 00:48:13 GMT
You can try to run it via LocalJobRunner ("hadoop jar yourjar -jt
local" if you're using GenericOptionsParser), and see if it exhibits
the same behavior there.  It's easy to push that into a debugger
(HADOOP_OPTS="-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8020" and
point Eclipse at it) to set some breakpoints and see what's going on.

Cheers,

-- Philip