From "Boyu Zhang" <boyuzhan...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions on Hadoop On Demand (HOD)
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2009 20:14:25 GMT
Dear all,

This is a beginner to Hadoop. I am looking into how to use virtual machine
in Hadoop, and I have some general questions about HOD.

Can I consider HOD a virtual machine for running Hadoop jobs?(usually VMs
are really big, but this one seems light-weighted.)

Is the configuration of HOD over a physical cluster can only be done by the
root user? (I tried as a common user, but I got stuck on configuring Torque)

Is there any other virtual machines that I can use to provide a Hadoop
cluster over a physical cluster?

I am sorry for the elementary questions, but I am really uncertain about
these. I really appreciate it if you care enough to clarify them for me.

Thanks a lot!

Boyu