From Vishal Ghawate <vishal_ghaw...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: Monitoring hadoop?
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2009 03:31:01 GMT
you can try Ganglia monitoring tool
even though its not hadoop specific it monitors the cluster that will might help you.
With Regards,
VIshal S. Ghawate | Intern | Persistent Systems

vishal_ghawate@persistent.co.in  | Cell: +91 9970231302| Tel: +91 (20) 3023 4224

Persistent Systems - Innovation in software product design, development and delivery -  www.persistentsys.com

From: Ariel Rabkin [asrabkin@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2009 12:34 AM
To: core-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Monitoring hadoop?

You might also want to check out Chukwa, which is a Hadoop subproject
aiming to do scalable monitoring and analysis of large clusters,
particularly Hadoop clusters.  It's still in development, so you'd be
able to have an influence on the design and priorities that come out.

--Ari

--
Ari Rabkin asrabkin@gmail.com
UC Berkeley Computer Science Department