From Bradford Stephens <bradfordsteph...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can you tell if a particular mapper was data local ?
Date Wed, 24 Jun 2009 01:41:50 GMT
(Correct me if I'm wrong), but I think you can tell though the Hadoop
Web UI -- it'll show a count of which map tasks are data-local. You
can then click on that to see a list of all the tasks there, and drill
down to see which nodes those tasks ran on.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 6:37 PM, Suratna
Budalakoti<suratna@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any way to tell, from logs, or by reading/setting a counter, whether a particular
mapper was data local, i.e., it ran on the same node as its input data?