From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple NIC Cards
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 16:30:18 GMT
John Martyniak wrote:
> Does hadoop "cache" the server names anywhere?  Because I changed to
> using DNS for name resolution, but when I go to the nodes view, it is
> trying to view with the old name.  And I changed the hadoop-site.xml
> file so that it no longer has any of those values.

in SVN head, we try and get Java to tell us what is going on
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/hadoop/core/trunk/src/core/org/apache/hadoop/net/DNS.java

This uses InetAddress.getLocalHost().getCanonicalHostName() to get the
value, which is cached for life of the process. I don't know of anything
else, but wouldn't be surprised -the Namenode has to remember the
machines where stuff was stored.