From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple NIC Cards
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 13:26:03 GMT
John Martyniak wrote:
> David,
>
> For the Option #1.
>
> I just changed the names to the IP Addresses, and it still comes up as
> the external name and ip address in the log files, and on the job
> tracker screen.
>
> So option 1 is a no go.
>
> When I change the "dfs.datanode.dns.interface" values it doesn't seem to
> do anything.  When I was search archived mail, this seemed to be a the
> approach to change the NIC card being used for resolution.  But when I
> change it nothing happens, I even put in bogus values and still no issues.
>
> -John

I've been having similar but different fun with Hadoop-on-VMs, there's a
lot of assumption that DNS and rDNS all works consistently in the code.
Do you have separate internal and external hostnames? In which case, can
you bring up the job tracker as jt.internal , namenode as nn.internal
(so the full HDFS URl is something like hdfs://nn.internal/ ) , etc, etc.?