From Anthony McCulley <amccul...@gmail.com>
Subject Monitoring hadoop?
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2009 13:55:23 GMT
Hey all,
I'm currently tasked to come up with a web/flex-based
visualization/monitoring system for a cloud system using hadoop as part of a
university research project.  I was wondering if I could elicit some
feedback from all of you with regards to:

   - If you were an engineer of a cloud system running hadoop, what
   information would you be interested in capturing, viewing, monitoring, etc?
   - Is there any sort of real-time stats or monitoring currently available
   for hadoop?  if so, is in a web-friendly format?

Thanks in advance,

- Anthony