From John Martyniak <j...@beforedawnsolutions.com>
Subject Re: Multiple NIC Cards
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2009 03:35:02 GMT
So it turns out the reason that I was getting the duey.local. was
because that is what was in the reverse DNS on the nameserver from a
previous test.  So that is fixed, and now the machine says
duey.local.xxx.com.

The only remaining issue is the trailing "." (Period) that is required
by DNS to make the name fully qualified.

So not sure if this is a bug in the Hadoop uses this information or
some other issue.

If anybody has run across this issue before any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

-John