From Matt Massie <m...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Error in Cluster Startup: NameNode is not formatted
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 21:45:13 GMT
The property "dfs.name.dir" allows you to control where Hadoop writes
NameNode metadata.

You should have a property like

<property>
<name>dfs.name.dir</name>
<value>/data/zhang/hadoop/name/data</value>
</property>

to make sure the NameNode data isn't being deleted when you delete the
files in /tmp.

-Matt