From Ramakishore Yelamanchilli <kyela...@cisco.com>
Subject Can we submit a mapreduce job from another mapreduce job?
Date Mon, 22 Jun 2009 07:50:06 GMT
Is there any way we can submit a mapreduce job from another map job? The requirement is:

I have customers with start date and end date as follows:

CustomerID     	Start Date 	End Date
Xxx			mm/dd/yy	mm/dd/yy
YYY			mm/dd/yy	mm/dd/yy
ZZZ
ABC
XYZ			mm/dd/yy	mm/dd/yy

I have to read the above file, check the customers whose start date is null and run another
map reduce job for past 30 days (this means I have run that map reduce job 30 times for each
customer whose start date is null). I'm just wondering how can I do this?

Regards

Ram