From Stas Oskin <stas.os...@gmail.com>
Subject Shutdown in progress exception
Date Sun, 17 May 2009 12:44:34 GMT
Hi.

I have an issue where my application, when shutting down (at ShutdownHook
level), is unable to copy files to HDFS.

Each copy throws the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Shutdown in progress
            at
java.lang.ApplicationShutdownHooks.add(ApplicationShutdownHooks.java:39)
            at java.lang.Runtime.addShutdownHook(Runtime.java:192)
            at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:1353)
            at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getLocal(FileSystem.java:189)
            at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1185)
            at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1161)
            at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.copyFromLocalFile(FileSystem.java:1133)
            at app.util.FileUtils.copyToCluster(FileUtils.java:392)

I read some reports, including this one (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-3818), but there was no
definite answer how to do it.

Is there any good solution to this issue?

Thanks in advance.